Terms & Conditions of Stay
SJE Takapuna Ltd trading as Takapuna Beach Holiday Park.
All rates are GST (15%) inclusive and are in New Zealand dollars ($NZ). We accept Visa, Master Card (2% surcharge applies), China Union Pay, EFTPOS and New Zealand cash.
New Zealand banks are 5 minutes away for most currency exchanges during normal business hours.
AFTER HOURS: A 24 hour call button is located at the front of Reception to contact the duty manager in case of emergency or disturbance.
ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES: Balance of accounts is payable on arrival. Payment must be made for full time booked.
BREAKAGES: Please report any damage or breakages, so that we can repair and replace.
CANCELLATIONS (when booked directly at Takapuna Beach Holiday Park): Reservations are only confirmed on receipt of the required with amount with the balance (if any) payable on arrival. A refund will be given if your unit or site is cancelled at least 72 hours prior to the arrival time of 2pm on the expected day of arrival, less a $25 administration fee. If cancelled within 72 hours of expected arrival, cancellation fee equivalent to one night’s stay will be applied. If an amendment results in shortening your stay, no refund will be made, unless more than 72 hours’ notice is given.
No reduction for early departures or late arrivals. Minimum tariffs and stays may apply during peak times.
GROUP BOOKINGS: A 50% deposit is required within 7 days of making a group booking (4 or more units/sites constitutes a group booking) with full payment due 30 days prior to arrival.
Group Cancellation Policy:
Due to the nature of our business, cancellations affect us significantly and we apply a strict cancellation policy. We request a minimum of 30 days’ notice of cancellation.
When a cancellation is received:
• within 30 days of intended arrival date, we will retain 50% of the full booking fee
• less than 14 days of intended arrival date, we will retain 100% of the booking fee
• In case of partial cancellation, every effort will be made to re-book the rooms and, if successful, the room fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee of $25.00 per unit.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT: Check in time is from 2pm on day of arrival and check out time is 10am for both sites and accommodation on day of departure.
CHILDREN: Child rates will apply to children aged 2 - 14 years inclusive. There is no charge for children aged under 2 years.
CONDUCT: To ensure that all guests have a pleasant stay we expect common sense and consideration to be shown at all times. This includes reasonable behaviour and dress at all times. All alcohol is to be consumed on your site or in your unit. No noise between 10pm and 7am. No bikes to be ridden in the Holiday Park between 8.30pm and 8am.
DRONES: The use of drones within and around the Takapuna Beach Holiday Park is only allowed if you have the express permission from the Managers of Takapuna Beach Holiday Park.
EMERGENCY: In case of emergency dial 111 (public phone is located next to reception) and advise the duty manager of the situation. We are located at 22 The Promenade, Takapuna.
FIREWORKS: Absolutely no fireworks are to be set off in our around the Holiday Park. Immediate expulsion from the Holiday Park will result if this occurs.
LAUNDRY: Open 24 hours. Washing machines & dryers take $2 coins. Coins can be exchanged at Reception.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM STAYS: Minimum & maximum length of stays may be enforced during peak times, or at the owners / managers discretion.
NO SMOKING: So that all our guests may be smoke free we enforce a NO SMOKING policy in and around all our accommodation & communal areas. A $150 surcharge will be applied if any evidence of smoking has occurred in a unit.
OFFICE HOURS: Winter 8am to 8pm, Summer 8am - 9pm. Please try to complete transactions during these hours.
PETS: Sorry no pets allowed.
PRIVACY STATEMENT: This statement applies to all individuals providing personal information to Takapuna Beach Holiday Park through this website. When collecting personal information Takapuna Beach complied with the Privacy Act 1993.
When you register or give us personal information it will be held on Takapuna Beach Holiday Parks Database. Takapuna Beach Holiday Park will not share this information with any other third parties without your permission.
Takapuna Beach Holiday Park may send out periodic emails informing you of special offers, updated information and new services. You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe to these communications.
INTERNET: FREE Unlimted WiFi is available throughout the Holiday Park. Please ask at reception for the WiFi code.
VISITORS: All visitors must report to reception on arrival. Day visitors are the ultimate responsibility of the registered guest and must leave quietly before 9pm. Vehicles are to be parked in the designated areas. Please be aware that the Holiday Park facilities are for the paying-staying guests and in fairness to all guests we reserve the right to limit visitor numbers.
When making a booking you agree:
- To conform to Holiday Park bylaws & regulations (available from office & on website) & understand that any breach of the rules by ourselves or our guests will result in our site being cancelled without any refund of fees paid.
- Reservations are a contract between Takapuna Beach Holiday Park Holiday Park and the person named on the reservation, and are not transferable to any other person. This means that the named person must occupy the unit or site for the duration of the contract and is ultimately responsible for all occupants and visitors of that unit or site.
- That any additions to the numbers in our party must be notified to and consent given by the manager of the Holiday Park before arrival.
- Only one vehicle is allowed to park on each site, with all other vehicles being parked in the designated areas.
- All day visitors must report to the office prior to entering the Holiday Park and park their vehicles in the public parking area.
- That our caravan/campervan will have a current electrical WOF.
- That our tent, if connected to a power supply, will have a transformer or an approved circuit breaking device.
- That no animals are allowed in the Holiday Park.
- Absolutely no fireworks are permitted in the Holiday Park. Any fireworks let off will result in immediate expulsion from the Holiday Park with no refund on fees paid.
We reserve the right to refuse a reservation at any time from any person if we reasonably believe the person:
- is not the person named on the reservation
- is not the person named on the credit card or not to be authorised to use the card
- is not able to pay for any additional charges
- may cause damage to the property or other guests
- may exhibit socially unacceptable behaviour
is younger than 21 years and not accompanied by a responsible person over that age
- is concealing a dog or other unauthorised animal
- All bookings are accepted at the discretion of the management. All persons under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the duration of the booking. Failure to do this could result in the booking being cancelled, even upon arrival and no refund given.